Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pattern stitch

I have started selling knitted items on Mayne Island at Coastal Creations. Coastal Creations is a popular art, craft gallery. Currently I am working on a scarf. The fun of knitting a scarf, for me, is two-fold. First I am able to meditate. It allows me to zone out and work on other things while I work such as my writing. Second I can experiment with new stitch patterns. I just found this stitch pattern.
It is called the hurdle stitch. I found it on August 18th. It was that day's featured knitting treat offered by the Accord Publishing's Knitting a-pattern-a-day calender. The pattern is easy: two rows of garter stitch and two rows of 1 x 1 rib. I am using 4.50 mm/ US 7. I have 40 stitches on my needles.
If you know other fun stitch patterns please send me an email: leanne@oknitting.com Thank you.
Happy knitting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home