Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy solstice

I love the sun and so it pains me when nights grow long. Lately it has been dark by 4:30 pm. 4:30 pm. Not good.
However, tonight is the shortest day of the year. That means, my fellow knitters, that from here on we will be gaining light (you can't fool me).

To which I say, "Hip, hip, hurray!"
This kind of good news requires celebration. So join me as I bring out the colour.
Here is what I propose: Search your stash. Find the yarn which is the most vivid. ...and knit with it. It matters not what you knit. Just knit. Sound easy? Sound fun? Good, party hardy my fellow knitters.
Here's what I found...

It is a 1240 yards of hand dyed Falkland Superwash Marino
by Hummingbird Fibre Arts
What will I knit?
Not sure...but I will knit...that's what's important.
What am I knitting to?
Need you ask...
Of course http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuUhZxkr194
"Hail the return of the invisible Sun"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home