Monday, December 03, 2007

An update on the plan

We are suffering under Mother Nature's hand.
For pictures of our weather, please go to: http://oknitting4.blogspot.com/
I know, I know it may look pretty. It may look like a typical Canadian winter...but let me assure you it is not typical for our tiny paradise. Mayne Island does get snow once or twice each winter. It may last as long as a week to a week and a half. It's new to us. ...and it takes a little to get adjusted to.
This has kept me inside - knitting.
What did Robert Burns say, something about the best made plans. Well, "the plan" has revealed its self to have flaws. Well, maybe simply one flaw. You remember the post: The plan, Stan. If not please re-read it. I'll wait here...
I am currently designing and knitting a cardigan. I can do both at the same time.
All say, "Wow!"
Well, what I failed to realize when I was planning was that the front of a cardigan should really be thought of as two separate pieces when knitting. I, foolishly, thought of it as one piece. I suppose you can knit both pieces at once - you can knit two sleeves or two socks at once...so why not. But I don't. I knit and am knitting cardigan fronts one at a time.
So this means that I will need three more days to finish the cardigan.
My deadline is December 14th. Let's see I do - shall we.
Back to the slush.
Yes, that's right now it is slush. It snowed on Friday. It snowed on Saturday. It snowed on Sunday. ...and now being Monday, of course it is raining. Welcome to winter on Mayne Island.
Just to keep you current. The rain has just stopped (for how long? I have no idea)...and now we have wind. The snow is gone from the trees but we still have it in patches on the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home