Thursday, September 14, 2006

The good with the bad

Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.
The bad: Hubby's sweater. This is my second attempt at this sweater and its still not perfect. The set-in sleeves worked beautifully. It's not that. It fits nicely. It's not that. One of the designs features is in the wrong place. What if I could just simply cut it out and move it? ...but of course it's not like writing on the computer there is no cut and paste in knitting. The real downer in this situation is that Hubby's sweater was suppose to be one of the things I showed this week-end. Serves me right for counting my chickens before they are hatched. Maybe I can simply show the 'Hatake toque'. By the number of hits I received that day you really seemed to like it. It is another example of my writing maybe it will work.
The sweater is not unwearable. Hubby says he will take it with him on his trip. So I guess he will get two hand knit sweaters. Lucky, lucky man.
The good: 'A night by the fire at Bear Creek'. I am in the process of sewing it. I have already tried it on and it is so beautiful. I simply love it. I can't wait to wear it. This is what makes everything so very enjoyable. I will post a picture as soon as I am done.
Sometimes you win - sometimes you lose. I must be gentle with myself. I'm only human after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home