Wednesday, September 13, 2006

If you build it...they will come

It is a wonderful idea that if you create a product people will be instinctively be drawn to it. They will know that it is available and will know that they want it. Nice idea. I have found that it is a myth. Your tasks do not stop at creating. Especially if you are an indy artist. You have to employee a marketing plan. If you have the backing of say a publisher they will do this for you. I have read with interest of the Yarn Harlot's adventures marketing her books. The publisher sets up a marketing plan and she travels to exciting places to meet and greet. As an indy artist, I have chosen a different route. I am in the process of seeking out places to send my book. Places that will review it if I simply send it to them. So far I have found three places. A friend of mine has a background in marketing. Upon reviewing my actions she applauded me. It's nice to think that little old me has some talent in this area. "Talent" ...um...maybe I shouldn't be throwing that word around so loosely.
So maybe the title for today's post should read: create it, advertise it, have it reviewed, wait, and they will find and buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home