Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Free pattern

Fights with your significant other - sadly they can't be avoided. A relationship is a dance sometimes you dance together sometimes separately.

Hubby and I have had our fair share of battles. Though, thankfully, I have found that the older our relationship grows the shorter these battles are.

Researchers say that most couples fight over money. Though I can't deny we have fought over this topic, these fights don't stick out in my mind. What does is one of our first. It was over a book.

Hubby was interested in introducing me to his favourite literary genres and so with this thought in mind he lent me one of his favourite books.

I began to read and to my surprise realized I liked it. I began to carry the books with me. I relished the morning commute and lunch breaks for this provided me with an opportunity to read.

Weeks past until finally one day Hubby said, "Are you finished with my book yet?"

"Yes." I answered sheepishly.

"Well, can I have it back then."

I produced the book. Weeks of my care had permanently changed the book. When I had borrowed it from Hubby it had looked brand new. Now it looked like it had been through a battle. Pages were dogged-eared. The cover was torn.

"This is how you return it. Look at it. I will never lend you a book again. Never. Unless you can prove to me that you will take better care of them."

I had scanned his library. I knew it was worth my while to prove I could. I knew my habits wouldn't change. I knew the books I read all ended up in the same place at the bottom of my purse.

Maybe I could knit myself a solution. I needed to knit a shell. Something that would successfully protect books against my rough treatment. Finally, I found a possible solution. I cast on stitches and worked faithfully until my creation was finished. I showed it to Hubby.

"I hope it works." Was his response.

Know what? It does.

The "Book Sweater" pattern can be found on www.oknitting.com 's Free Pattern page. Happy knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home