Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Kristen Key is going down

Do you watch 'Last Comic Standing'? Then you saw last nights challenge. Magazines where presented to the comics in brown envelops. From this stack they had to choose one to do a one minute "stick" on. Kristen Key selected 'Modern Knitting'. Kristen, "Who reads this magazine, anyway? Lonely spinsters." She played right into the stereotype. I am so glad she didn't win that challenge. Come on, to be funny, comedy must be like a good dinner: served fresh. Am I a stand-up comic - ah, no. I am a critic and I know what I like. I don't enjoy the borderline desperate comedy where a white guy pokes fun at other nationalities so I can't say I am sad to see Joey Gay go. Chris Porter shows some promise. But really no one has stood out for me yet.
Let's all wave good-bye to Kristen Key. I have no trouble laughing at knitting but come on show originality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home