Thursday, January 05, 2006

Ah, yes!...finally

The link between Mayne Island and the world is fragile.
On January 1st friends came to the island. Their plan was to stay until the 4:10 pm ferry. Well, Mother Nature had other ideas - wind: howling, screaming, destructive wind. Now I have been told, by those who know, that the 4:10 pm ferry could have made its run. However, the fact is that it didn't. We took our friends down to the ferry terminal only to look on in frustration as the ferry sailed on by. Hubby's response, "Come to the coast. We'll get together. Have a few laughs." (Bruce Willis in Die Hard)
Now, Mother Nature had already blown out the lights leaving us in the dark. ..no electricity. ...none. So supper was interesting. It's amazing how many things require electricity. Out came the sandwiches. Out came the board games. Surprisingly, a grand time was had by all. The lights came back on at 12:30 pm. Our friends headed back to the mainland on January 2nd's 8:00 am ferry. All was well.

Next day no internet. No internet?..! Can't be I need to make my daily post. The day after same thing. I felt like a drug addict craving her next hit. How do you spell frustration. I spell it: "I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T". So now you know why you haven't heard from me.

When I lived on the prairies, I would get a rush every spring. I had made it through another harsh winter. I had survived. When I moved to BC, I worried that there would be no more rush. ...I no longer worry.

Mother nature: respect her - love her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home