Saturday, December 17, 2005

A Knitting Resource

Cathy, an island neighbour, recently paid a visit. Some time ago she had purchased the '40 below' knitting kit. 40 below
She wished to show me the Christmas knitting she had completed. She had completed two in a relatively short period of time. I was impressed by her beautiful work.

Cathy in her 40 below hat

While she was here, I shared my plans for this blog. It will remain a strange blend of fiction: non-fiction, knit-lit: non-knit-lit. My plans for the non-fiction knit-lit part is to create a resource for those new or returning to the craft. I will guide you from selecting your knitting instructor to sewing your seams. I asked Cathy to help. I would like you to help too. So if you have knitting questions, concerns, or solutions please send them to: leanne@oknitting.com Thank you.

Selecting a knitting instructor:

Simply because a knitter is competent in the craft does not mean they will make a good instructor. Look for someone who has patience, a sense of fun, whose personality you enjoy, and who you can arrange to see often. You can find potential instructors at your local yarn shop or knitting group (guild or circle). Please remember that you are honouring your instructor by choosing them. Once the basics - cast on, cast off/bind off, knit, and purl - are firmly entrenched I hope you will turn here for solutions. Happy knitting.

Teach two to knit and you ensure knitting's survival.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home