Monday, March 09, 2009

Okay, about the weather

Today, white stuff is falling from the sky. And I was so sure it was spring. Just a few days ago I was walking around without a jacket. Just a few days ago I bought some flowers. Flowers that I was planning to plant outside. Saturday I went to the local Home Hardware to find a suitable planter. I couldn't find one I wanted (I didn't know that I was that picky). As it turned out this was a good thing. All the pretty flowers are inside were they are nice and warm and still alive. Instead of outside were they would (could) die from exposure. Yesterday the sky was a beautiful shade of blue. Yesterday the sun shone. Today what I can see of the sky through the white flecks (which are growing bigger every minute) is gray. Today no sun shines.

Okay, I do know that I have no right to complain. I do know that I am very lucky to live in one of the only places in Canada were snow is a rare occurrence. I do know. Somehow knowing all this doesn't silence my rant.

Yesterday, I found the Independent Islander newspaper in my mailbox. Soon I will post my article (regarding the Rest-Q fund raiser) here. It will appear with tons of pictures.

Keep warm,
Leanne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home