Thursday, March 19, 2009

Meet Jo of Gracie's

In my last blog entry I introduced you to Gracie's -- a beautiful knitting web site ( http://jolovesmick.web.officelive.com/default.aspx). Today, I would like to introduce you to Jo the proud owner of said site.

Me: How old were you when you learnt to knit?

Jo: I was about 8 years old and just knitted squares I think

Me: Who taught you knit?

Jo: My mum taught me to knit, she used to do school jumpers for us all and when she knitted I used to sit on the floor with little needles doing it.

Me: What was your first project?

Jo: My first project I remember was a little white lamb, it didn't come out exactly as the picture or as it was intended but I was proud of it!

Me: What was the most challenging project that you have tackled?

Jo: Most challenging project I have tackled was a jumper for my dad a few years ago, he is not a little guy, so one row used to take me ages.

Me: What was your favourite project?

Jo: My favourite project, I have 3 really and they were all the first cardigan I knitted each of my girls when they were born.

Me: Please tell us about Gracie's

Jo: Gracie's is named after my little girl Grace who has just turned a year old (that's her on the front page logo), I am not having anymore children so it seemed a good name. I sell patterns and things that I have made, its not mainly for profit but for the love of knitting, I suffer from depression and sometimes it helps to relax me and keep me sane just knitting in the evening when my girls have gone to bed, there is also a gallery of pictures of anything I make. I want Gracie's to grow as big as it can, if I don't make much money that's fine I just want it to be something with a part of me in it, something I can call my own, something I have made myself, something I can be proud of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home