Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mayne Island blogs to read

here are two...

My friend Amber Harvey writes a blog. Please check it out at:
http://www.treewithroots.wordpress.com/
Amber and I attend the same writers' group on Mayne Island. In her blog, she writes about her writing and her life on Mayne Island.

http://www.restqsanctuary.org/Blog/Blog.html
is the blog for Mayne Island's Rest Q Animal Sanctuary.
The sanctuary provides a permanent home for abused and neglected animals. As you will understand, providing such a home is very expensive. On February 14th I will participate in a fund raiser for the sanctuary. The doors will open at 7:30 pm. The evening will be full of music. No, I won't be singing. I will save your ears that. Instead, I will be reading two poems: one written by Elizabeth Barrett Browning and one (humbly) written by me.
Please check out the entire site. It is worth a through read.

About yesterday....
I watched President Obama on TV - I heard him on radio. He stood so straight, so tall. Yet, the weight of the world is on his shoulders. I wish him all the best. I hope he is kind to Canada.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Thanks for showing me restq's blog. It's interesting and I hadn't seen it before.
It was a fun group today.
Amber

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home