Friday, January 16, 2009

Mayne Island has been veiled in fog since Wednesday. Today as I look out my window - I can only see the first row of trees that are directly across the road. I just looked again and noticed that the fog is thickening. It is threatening to eliminate the trees from view. On a day like this it is easy to believe in magic. What the eye doesn't see - the brain conjures. On a day like this it is necessary to focus on what is immediately in hand. For you can see little else. What is immediately in hand? Why knitting of course. Knit a little - rip back - knit a little - make a change in my design - rip back - knit a little: the stuff of my life.
Have a magical day
Leanne

Here is an interesting article http://www.seacanoe.org/fog.htm

It was written by a man who clearly has been in and through fog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

The image of you sitting and knitting, ripping out a little, knitting again, is a metaphor for life, isn't it? You act, you make a mistake, you try to make amends, try to get it right this time, fail again, change something, try again. If only life were as forgiving as a length of yarn.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home