Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Knitting something

Last year I designed and knit this cardigan. I entered it in the Mayne Island fall fair and it won a blue ribbon.

I love wearing it. In fact, I'm wearing it today. The variegated yarn used in the knitting of the sweater is called 'first spring'.

This inspired me to take a picture of the last snow on the street upon which I live...



From a friend's old stash, I was gifted this...

I don't have much of it. Perhaps two balls worth. It is wool-ease by Lion Brand Yarn ( 80% acrylic/20% wool).
I knew I wanted to knit a cardigan from it. I wanted to knit a cardigan that would fit me.
Question: how could I knit a cardigan from two balls of yarn?
Answer: you can't.
Solution: I bought more yarn in a complimentary colour
Result:
This is the back. Please excuse the photographer's in ability to capture the true beauty of the sweater. I did try but...sometimes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home