Friday, August 18, 2006

Wow!

I can hear you. You don't have to scream.

Yesterday I asked if you were interested in re-starting the knitting classes. I promised you that I would re-start them if I received more than 58 new visitor log ins. Well, it was like a loud scream. I received 79.

Congratulations, the knitting classes are back. Thank you for helping me with this decision.

I can't shake this image of one woman racing through an office building quickly logging on to my site from any and all available computers. This hard work must be rewarded. : ) So for her and maybe you - here we go again.

Where we have been:
There are blogs in the archives on all of these subjects. They are not in order of appearance.
1)Defined hand knitting
2)Ways to learn to knit
3)Where to knit
4)Caution against knitting too much
5)What not to wear while knitting
6)Knitting needles: types, uses, and sizes.
7)Yarn: dye lot number; novelty yarn; fibre content; weight; how to make a yarn ball and why; the manufacturing of yarn; where to obtain yarn; how to keep yarn clean while working.
8)Knitting techniques: I-cord; double knitting; knitting in the round on two straight needles; double knit cast on.
9)Patterns: knitting without a pattern; introduction to patterns; the knitting language; stitch patterns.
10)Casting on
11)We ended the classes with a knit-along. The knit-along was to dramatize how important it is to read your pattern before beginning. Remember, I did not tell you what we were knitting. I only sent one installment at a time. No pictures were sent until the end.

Where we can go from here:
I have a number of ideas. We could talk more about patterns. We could discuss how to add a new ball of yarn. Tips on what to do while knitting. Exercises to do after knitting. Casting off. Care of your project. Where to store yarn. I have an idea for another knit-along. And the list goes on...

Your input is greatly appreciated.
If you encounter a problem with your knitting; if you require clarification; or simply have a dilemma you wish discussed I am all ears. Please drop me a note: leanne@oknitting.com

Thank you once again for your help. Class will start soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home