Monday, August 14, 2006

Novelty Yarn: audiobook

The following story is an example of the kinds of stories you will find in Novelty Yarn. I hope you enjoy it.

What’s on your needles?

Some knitters love to knit socks, others scarves. My passion has always been sweaters. I still remember one of the first sweater I knit. I was about sixteen at the time. The sweater was pink with white accents. It featured set-in sleeves. This created a challenge, as these were the first set-in sleeves I had ever knit.


When I was done, I proudly showed the sweater to Mom.


“I like the colours you selected. It will look very pretty on you.” Then upon closer examination she added. “Why are the sleeves puffing out like that?”

“That’s how it’s suppose to look.” I said defensively.

“Are you sure? It looks rather odd. Bring me the pattern and I’ll check it for you.” Mom offered.

“I’m not following a pattern.” I said rebelliously.

“Oh, Leanne, how do you expect to have anything turn out right if you don’t follow a pattern. You’ll just waste yarn if you don’t. Promise me you will always follow a pattern.”

With that request ringing in my ears, I unconsciously began my career as a knitwear designer. For you see, I stubbornly refused to follow Mom’s advice.

What became of the sweater? Well, despite Mom’s offers to “fix” it I through out.

Copyright by Leanne Dyck on August 14, 2006

We have hit a minor little hiccup in this project. There always seems to be one in every project. I am completely confident that technical support will be able to solve it. He (Hubby) has always come through in the past. There is no reason for this to change. Still, your positive thoughts are most appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home