Saturday, August 05, 2006

The warrior returns

Ticky is an addict. Like a drug addict, he needs his fix. Ticky gets high from cat fights. Thankfully, for him and not for us, a neighbor cat shares the same addiction. As humans, we are not informed as to when these maneuvers will occur.

A couple of days ago, I was working in my studio when I heard a loud noise followed by a blood curdling cat howl. I ran outside. A black dot shot past me. It moved like it had been shot from a canon: the neighbor cat. That's strange I thought he usually waits until I order him to leave. Then limping towards me appeared Ticky. Head hanging low, he was not his usual cheery self.

Each night it is Ticky's habit to join us in the living room. That night no Ticky. I later found him in the bedroom on the blanket box. Clearly not feeling so good.

The next day, Ticky's food went untouched. In fact, I didn't see Ticky at all.

The middle of the next day, I began to worry. I told myself it was silly to worry. Cat's do this: when they need to heal they go off by themselves. Still I couldn't help worrying.

That evening around 5:00, just in time for supper, he appeared. He was pleased as punch to be home. We shared his joy. He seemed like his old self. Later I caught a glimpse of his wound. His inside thigh by his left rear leg had been ripped raw. The sight shocked me. Yet he seemed in high spirits.

Hubby speculated if this would help wean him from his addiction.

My response, "A cat's - a cat: you can't make it a hamster."

Maybe you can translate for him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home