Friday, April 07, 2006

Yarn for patterns

...and so...just where have I been all day.
Well, I spent some time with friends.
Friends who I just casually bumped into on my way to the Post Office.
Do you remember my children's book submission. Well, I mailed it. It didn't get too far. I found it in my mail box yesterday: insufficient postage.
So today I mailed it again with sufficient postage.
A friend who knows said, "Congratulations!"
When I commented that "congratulations" was may be a little pre-mature.
he said, "No, its not, I know what a big step that is for you."
Wise man...he's right.
Sending something off to a "publisher" is big.
I could liken it to..oh, let me see...trying to get into the "in" crowd in high school. No matter how may times you say, "No, really, I am cool!" You know it is beyond your powers. "They" are in complete control. "They" tell you if you're "in". They tell you if they want to "buy" what you have to "sell".
So baring all this in mind why do I feel so good? Why don't I feel vulnerable? I think its because I know the idea has merit. I like the book. I think kids would have fun with it. Its cool to know that I created it.
Also I should add. I have had very positive relationships with publishers. Namely, Cynthia MacDougall of 'Knit Together'. Her comments have helped me to grow so much in my chosen profession of knitwear designer. I do look forward to finding more gems like her.
Wow! Way off topic. Has nothing to do with 'yarn for patterns'. ...but I just had to share it with you.

Tomorrow: the first line of the pattern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home