Monday, April 03, 2006

Replacing Knit Lit III

Okay, you may recall my recent disappointment at finishing KnitLit III. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I love to read knitting stories. Though there is a fine bookstore on Mayne Island, it does not carry knit lit. If I shopped at Miners Bay Book shop I would have to have them order in especially for me. I am reluctant to take this action as I do not have a title in mind let alone an authour. So I had to find another solution to my problem. I went web shopping. First I visited:
the Needle Arts Book Shop (www.needleartsbookshop.com)
I used the search words: "knitting stories" and found
Wendy Knits - $17.95 a collection of stories
Cheaper than therapy - $14.95 a collection of stories
KnitLit Too - $18.95 (it's odd, eh, I have read I and III but not II)
Two Sweaters for my father - $16.95
Yarn Harlot - $17.95 (I enjoyed 'At Knitter's End')
Beyond Stitch and Bitch - $17.95
Then I visited:
www.amazon.com
I used the search words: "knitting fiction" and found
Knitting: A Novel
Died in the Wool: A Knitting Mystery
The Shop on Blossom Street
The advantage of shopping here is that I can buy used books.

My idea is to select a few books and review them in my blog. I do read rather slowly and so this process would take a couple of months. I am also ruthless. A book must capture my interest in the first few pages or even lines: if it fails I refuse it just like that. I am excited about finding the prefect book and will keep you posted. If you can recommend any of the above titles I would appreciate the help.
Next post: choosing a pattern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home