Thursday, April 06, 2006

Knit-a-long

What arrived in the mail?
I have been wanting to attend this fibre festival for at least two years now. Some year I will. I wish it was this year. As I flipped through the pages I found Wendy Henderson's offering: Our Knitting Heritage. The title alone got me. Log on to www.gibsonslandingfibrearts.com for more information.
"Knit Together" is a voice for Canadian knitters. Find out more by logging on to: www.CGKnitters.ca

I invite you to participate in Olavia's first knit-a-long. It is a knit-a-long like no other. You will receive no picture of what you are knitting while you are knitting it. I will supply a picture at the conclusion. I will not refer to what you are knitting as any thing but "what you are knitting". Meaning simply you will receive no clues from me. Guessing is allowed. You will receive the pattern line by line. One line every Saturday for as long as it lasts. This will be as challenging for me the designer as it will be for you the knitter. (Kinda like saying, "This will hurt me just as much as it hurts you.") The Knit-a-long is for knitters of all skill levels from beginner to advanced. You should know how to cast on and off (bind off), knit, purl and decrease.
Your shopping list:
-540 yards of "light" worsted weight yarn (also known as double knit in Britain...yes?) Examples of this yarn are: Astra by Patons or Little Lehigh by Kraemer Yarns.
If you do have this type of yarn in your stash please use it.
-4.50 mm/US 7/UK 7 knitting needles OR size to obtain tension.
Tension: 5 stitches x 8 rows = one inch.

Tomorrow: more on patterns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home