Monday, May 04, 2009

April's pick from Author's Den

With the excitment of Maynely A Mystery I forgot to post last month's pick.
What's "last month's pick" ? Who does the picking?
What I am referring to is my Author's Den site.
What I do is post a new piece of writing each month.
What you do is log on to my Author's Den web site: http://www.authorsden.com/visit/author.asp?authorid=73154 You read a poem, an article or a story that intrigues you. What the site does is keep a record of these visits. What I do is read these statistics. These statistics inform me of which piece of my writing received the most visits. Then I post that piece of writing here. This month's pick is a story (part of a story) entitled...

The Crush
When she looked at him, her heart melted. A simple greeting or a smile was all that was required to send her swooning. Her heart beat faster and still faster until it jumped from her chest to her throat. Her heart continued its journey as it flew out of her mouth and spun around three times in mid air finally landing back in her throat. Her face blushed bright red as she stuttered and stammered nonsensically. At night, she fell asleep arms wrapped tightly around what others saw as her pillow but what she knew was his chest. During the day between school and household tasks her lips smacked loudly against her palm as she practiced kissing him.
She met with other girls who shared her obsession. They discussed his broad shoulders, his deep blue eyes and his kissable lips.
"He's so cute!" They giggled.


Please stay tuned for more exciting news about Maynely A Mystery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home