Saturday, April 18, 2009

Maynely a Mystery: a progress report

So much to report. Last Saturday April 11th, I attended a craft show to see if there was an interest in Maynely a Mystery. (Maynely a Mystery is my cozy mystery that will soon be published.)
What did I discover?
Enormous support. Everyone was so kind. I even sold some pre-orders.
Maynely a Mystery is currently with my editor.
I am currently look for printer.
Why am I self-publishing?
I want to explore the whole process of publishing a book. I want to nurture my baby and watch it grow. I have tons of ideas on how to market it. I know the venues (bookstores, markets, etc) that would be the best place to sell it. Knowing all this, I didn't even consider sending it to a publisher.
What printers am I considering?
Well, I plan to have Lulu produce the ebook.
For the paperback, I am considering Lulu, Island Blue Print in Victoria, BC or Alea on Mayne Island.
Today I stopped off at my local bookstore: Miners Bay Books. I discussed the book with Jennifer and to my delight she is interested in carrying the book in her store.
I am learning a lot about this publishing game and am excited by the process.
All the best,
Leanne
PS Learn more about Maynely a Mystery by logging on to www.oknitting.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home