Monday, November 26, 2007

The Plan, Stan

This is the season when good knitters go mad. We go mad with the belief that we can complete super-human knitting acts: knitting an entire sweater in an hour. I count myself among this group. I tend to break off far more than I can safely chew. In hopes to safe my aching wrists, I have come up with the "plan".

The plan
Baseline: cast on your intended project.
Knit as much as you can in one day.
I was able to knit eight inches.
The project: My intended project is a cardigan that is 24 inches long.
The calculation:
24 (length of cardigan)
divided by
8 (amount of knitting I can complete in one day)
=
3 (days that I will need to complete the back)
multiply by
2 (back and front)
=
6 (days to complete the body of the cardigan)

Sleeves
3 (days)
multiply by
2 (sleeves)
=
6 (days)

Finishing
sewing seams and weaving in ends will take a day.

So I will need
Body 6 days
plus
Sleeves 6 days
plus
Finishing 1 day
=
13 days to complete the cardigan

There you have it - I'm off to knit.
Good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home