Saturday, November 03, 2007

An old Icelandic song

When my Grandpa belted out songs he rocked the house. He was a big bear of a man whose sense of fun was never ending. One of his favourite songs was in Icelandic. I once asked him to translate it for me. He told me of his namesake the handsome Olafur. He said that Olafur was so handsome that the fairies lusted after him. One day when Olafur was in the forest the fairies captured him and thus the song ended. I have been intrigued by this song ever since. I long to hear it again. Though I have searched the song seems lost in time. Haunted by the song it has inspired me to write some prose. I have begun the saga on Leanneism (to access this blog, please log on to www.oknitting.com 's link page).

This weekend a new art show will be installed at the Mayne Island library. My humble contribution will be my photos. I have recently begun snapping photos as a hobby. To view samples of my work, please log on to: http://www.oknitting4.blogspot.com

Have a restful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home