Friday, July 06, 2007

Oven mitts

Of course in a perfect world all my patterns would be error free. Unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world and as they say, "to err is human"
As a knitwear designer I really appreciate knitters contacting me if they encounter problems with one of my patterns. It is a win - win situation. It helps you because then you get an answer to your dilemma. It helps me because it allows me to rectify an error or omission as well it helps me to improve my pattern writing skills.
I just got off the phone with such a nice knitter. She was eager to knit my Oven Mitt pattern. A pattern she found in the Accord Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar (June 20, 2007). However, she thought they seemed long. The pattern asks you to work your knitting to a length is 7 feet. Well this is an error. The total length should be 3 feet. I apologize for this error. I am thankful that the knitter gave me this opportunity to make this correction.
As well the type of yarn I used was cotton. (I used Paton's "Sugar n Cream" when I did a search for that yarn I found this: http://search.ebay.com/sugarn-cream_W0QQfnuZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ3QQsatitleZsugarQ27nQ20creamQQxpufuZx)
I would caution against using acrylic.
If you encounter a problem, dilemma with an Olavia's hand knitting pattern please email me: leanne@oknitting.com I will be pleased to help you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home