Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Cool Americans

We are feeling the heat on my dear island. Today and tomorrow will reach the mid twenties Celsius. I do not do well in heat. My whole character changes. I am no longer the demure, polite Canadian. Some monster takes over. I spit, growl and sneer. It is best not to enter my cave.
So I am in need of cool.
I have lowered my studio shutters and the window and door are open. All in the hopes of creating a cool, dark place. So far so good.
The need for coolness and the fact that it is Independence Day has seeded today's post: Cool Americans.
This award goes to a handful of Americans.
Alan Alda: as a young teen-ager I had a huge crush on his character Hawkeye Pierce. I continue to learn much from Mr. Alda's protrail of this character.
President Abraham Lincoln: visionary. On a visit to the states I visited President Lincoln's monument. I would still be there if not for Hubby.
A kind lady at a bluegreass festival: I have no musical ability. Hubby plays bluegrass guitar and sings. Once at a bluegrass festival we meet an American couple: he played guitar - she played autoharp. She urged me to give her autoharp a try. I countered fearing I would damage it. She politely refused to listen to any of my objections and lay her baby in my arms. After a brief introduction, like magic I was creating music.
Paul: I meet Paul at the Victoria Fibre Festival. He recently sent me an email recounting a brief tale. He said that he had searched for woolen pants. Unfortunately he was unable to purchase said pants. Desprite he set out to create his own. The result:
I wish you, my cool American friends, a happy Independence Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home