Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ring in the new

Most of my relatives live in Manitoba. I do have some family (both mine and hubby's) in BC. ...but our numbers are small.
A couple of years ago an aunt moved from Manitoba to join our small number. She now lives on Salt Spring Island (one of Mayne Island's larger sister islands). She thoroughly enjoys the warm weather and beautiful scenery. On December 21st, Hubby and I travelled from Mayne Island to Salt Spring Island. The visit was not long enough. It never is. She served us a wonderful coffee sup pa. (I have probably spelt that wrong. ...sorry.) It is a Icelandic tradition to serve coffee with a tasty treat. The tasty treat Auntie served us was Vintarta (a prune filled layer cake). What joy! I love this cake. It has been so long since I had some. Too long. She went a step further and gave us half the cake to take with. Generous - she. Spoiled - me. Well we ate and ate and ate that cake. It is a Christmas miracle that it lasted until December 31st. What a way to send out the old year. There is no better.
How do Mayne Islanders ring in the new year?
I will answer that question with another, what do Jamica and Mayne Island have in comman? Besides the fact that they are, of course, both islands. Give up?
We will be dancing in the new year to Raggi.

Mayne Island's dance is to be held at the Agricultural society hall.

I wish you days full of sun shine for 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home