Sunday, October 29, 2006

http://westcoastknitters.org/

I continue to be amazed by the generosity, support and encouragement to be found in the knitting community.
There is no better way to spend your day than with a fellow knitter.
Time was it was the urban knitter who had that luxury. They had access to the guilds and yarn shops.
Not no more. Thanks to the computer it matters not where you live. You can order knitting patterns, yarn, knitting needles, and almost anything else that a knitter wants over the internet.
I, as a knitwear designer, have made all my contacts by way of the email. It is my favourite form of communication.
What about knitting guilds. Well, up until recently I have to admit participating in my guild was a bit of a challenge.
There is a group of knitters who gather on Mayne Island the last Monday of most months.
But participating in my guild was a challenge. You see I am a member of the West Coast Knitters guild. I thoroughly enjoy reading the newsletter. I have even submitted an article that I hope will appear in a future issue. However, my participation in the guild is greatly limited by my location. Or I should say
"was" greatly limited by my location. Thanks to the dedication of a few volunteers my guild is now online. I invite you to visit them at http://westcoastknitters.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home