Thursday, October 26, 2006

EBay

Okay let me start today's post by stressing that I do not sell on eBay. No oknitting products may be found there. If you find oknitting products on eBay please let me know. Because that will mean that someone is using my business name in vain and would explain an email I received today.
Apparently Tom has tried repeatedly to buy an oknitting product over eBay. In his email he expressed how frustrated he was. Well I can understand his frustration. It's like traveling to the far North in hopes of seeing an elephant. All that will happen is disappointment and frustration.
So I am sorry Tom. I truly am. If you would like one of my patterns or my book Novelty Yarn please log on to: www.oknitting.com . I am more than happy to help you.
Of course I would like to contact Tom directly. Unfortunately, the email was generated by eBay. So contacting Tom is impossible.
I also attempted to find an oknitting product on eBay. This also was futile.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Tom isn't necessarily trying to buy yarn, but obtain your passwords and bank info. I received a similar letter from someone not too long ago, possibly from Tom? Any hoo, I have never, ever sold or bought anything on eBay, although I do have an account because I like to browse now and then. I don't know if your letter had a link in it, but mine did. It redirected me to another web address with eBay in the tittle, but it wasn't eBay. They wanted me to log in, etc. Luckily, I had never set up any bank info, which it turns out were what they were after.

Or maybe Tom is legit and really does want to buy something from you, I hope that's the case.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Author Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you for this email. My concern was that Tom had someone found my business on ebay. Or been confused. I don't want customers out there being frustrated by my lack of response. It does make sense that it would be fraudulent. It is a strange, sad world out there.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home