Friday, June 16, 2006

Jazz it up

So what happened yesterday? Why was there no post? It started out as a normal day. My wrists were a little sore but nothing major. I had to check my email, log on to my web site and then make my post. I had a finite amount of time to get it all done. I checked my email. I logged on to my web site. Then everything froze. Frustrating? I'll say. So I gave my computer a time out and it is behaving much better today.

The "three wishes baby blanket" is one of the few remaining free patterns offered on www.oknitting.com The three wishes are: love, happiness, and health. The blanket is knit in a simple garter stitch. So as you knit you can work in these three wishes.

Yesterday, I received a request for ideas to add excitement to the edges. My ideas: If you enjoy embroidery why not add some stitches to the edges. One of my favourite stitches is the blanket stitch. Add this detailing in a contrasting colour. Or you could choose the same colour only in a darker tone.

Adding a fringe or a four tassels would also add excitement. Cut yarn approximately 12 inches long. For a fringe, cut enough pieces of yarn to decorate the entire edge of the blanket. Or, alternatively, you could simply decorate the top and bottom. Space the fringe out evenly. You can do this by adding fringe every two inches. Or whatever you think looks best. To make the fringe you can use the same yarn you used for the blanket or use a contrasting colour or a darker tone. Tassels may be added to the four corners of the blanket. Cut approximately 40 pieces of yarn 12 inches long. Divide the pieces into four piles of 10. Corner by corner thread these pieces into the exact same place. Then tassel by tassel use a knot to attached the tassel to the blanket.

Making fringe and tassels may be a good topic for future posts. Stay logged on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home