Thursday, April 27, 2006

Let's play hockey, hockey, hockey....

Hubby has gone for the week-end to another hockey tournie. I can now confess that before this week-end I would worry when he left. After years as a desk jockey he was not in the best of shape. Guys have been known to die on the ice of heart attacks. Hockey is not a way to get into shape. You get in shape to play hockey. I never voiced my concerns. In Canada, it is illegal to come between a guy and hockey...I'm joking. Anyway, I didn't speak because I knew he would have gone anyway. We are both old stubborn mules. Today I kissed him good-bye with little to no worry. You see lately the firehall has been running fitness classes for their volunteers. I attended a class last Thursday. Minutes, hours after the class I was feeling better than I have for years. The next day was a different story but we won't get into that. Hubby has been attending these classes for weeks. So I know if he can endure these classes the dangers he will face on the ice are greatly reduced. Thank heaven for the fire chief.

My mission today is to design and knit a purse. It has been years since I did that. In fact, it was a purse that propelled me into my current career.
In 1999 (or there abouts), I designed and knit the Summer "Daze" purse and innocently hung it in the window of my store. To my surprise not only did the purse sell but many clamoured for the pattern ...my pattern. Thus I was pushed into my position of knitwear designer. ...and I have never looked back. Who would want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home