Monday, July 30, 2007

Fashion

In the bird world the male birds are the colourful ones.

This guy has no hope in blending in with the background. How particle is that bright blue neck or those long green feathers? He has no choice. A peacock is a peacock is a peacock.
In the human world women are the flamboyant ones. Men demand certain things from their clothes: usability and practicality. Women ...well, women are stuck with bright blue necks and long green feathers.
This weekend I shopped for my trip. I was looking for a water-repellent, wind breaker and a pair of hiking boots. I searched through tons of woman's fashion stores: rack after rack - shelf after shelf. Then I tried unisex stores. Finally, I did find a pair of hiking boots...they were guys size 7 1/2. I have yet to find a jacket.
Did we truly ask for this?
Please hand me that yarn and those needles, in the knitting world at least I have some say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home