Sunday, October 08, 2006

A baby

I delight at meeting babies. I oh and ah and coo and fawn unashamedly. I fondly reminisce about the years I spent caring for infants and toddlers at a day care centre. This is all reflected in my child-friendly sweaters.
It all started with "Susie-bell". "Susie-bell" was my Dad's nickname for baby me. Why did he nickname me "Susie-bell"? I have no idea. I think it had something to do with the tinny bells I had on my baby shoes. I am looking at a baby picture. I can't be more than a year. Sitting on Daddies' knee. He looks so proud. We are dressed for the picture: Dad in suit and tie, I in a pretty white dress.
"Honey Bunny" the large neck and front pocket make this a sweater every child would love to wear. Easy knit in garter and Stockinette stitch ensures that this sweater will be knit before the intended wearer outgrows it.
"Pets" celebrates the special connection children have with animals.
Sammy was a German Shepherd I had when I was two. I say "I had" what I should say is she had me. There was no doubt that she looked on me as one of her puppies. I hate to admit it but I was not always an angel. In fact, I could be rather naughty. Case in point, I hated to have my hair washed and would avoid it at all costs. I loved to be outside. So Mom thought perhaps if she washed my hair outside that it would go more smoothly. Well, it didn't. I was so naughty that Mom felt she needed to discipline me. Sammy felt differently, however. She gently grabbed Mom's hand putting an effective end to any disciplinary action. From that time on, Mom washed my hair inside and Sammy remained an outside dog.
"Pets" has instructions for three sweaters: a puppy, a kitten, and a bunny.

Puddin' Pie fallows on the popularity of "Honey Bunny". It incorporates a large neck and front pocket. Instructions for the finger puppet are included in the pattern.
Cuddlin' is a cardigan perfect for days like this that start out cool and warm up. The body is knit in one piece to the arm holes.

Muffin is what the cool kids are wearing. The hoodie is the newest in the pattern series that started with Honey Bunny and includes Puddin' Pie. If I added two or three more sweaters to this series maybe I could put together a book of baby sweaters. What a great idea! Eh?

Please log on to http://oknitting3.blogspot.com for more on babies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home