Thursday, November 17, 2005

New knitting technique

People have flirted in and out of my life. If I am very lucky they leave behind a piece of themselves. A touchstone on which to clinge.
Svava did this. I meet Svava at work. We both cared for children at a day care centre in rural Manitoba.
I recall a brief converstation stolen while the children in our care happily played.
"If you like to knit you should learn how to double knit. It makes very warm scarves."
For want of a pair of needles, she demonstrated the knit, slip a stitch technique with two pencils.
Since that day I have enjoyed using this technique. After making my fair share of scarves I have used the technique to design both a purse and a water bottle holder. I am pleased to share a new direction for this technique.
Takka Svava.
To learn this new (?) technique, please log on to: http://www.oknitting.com/tips.htm I used this technique in my design: When the Meadowlark sings http://www.oknitting.com/patterns_himher.htm

There is nothing new under the sun ...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home