Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Teach me

The old knitting Maxim reads: Teach two to knit and you ensure that our craft will not die.

A small part of my fall fair display was a small sign that read: Knitting is fun to learn.
This sign did capture some attention. Two of my students stand out in my mind. They were both approximately 9 years of age. Due to space restrictions I was forced to teach one student at a time. I was amazed at how quickly they learnt to maneuvered the needles. I taught them the knit stitch. When I thought they had a grasp on the stitch I gave them a gift of the yarn and needles. Off they went I knew not where.

I thought I would never see or hear from them again.

To my surprise, a friend phoned this morning. She knew one of my students: one of the pre-teen girls. She reported that upon returning home my student knit and knit and knit and then unfortunately dropped a stitch. Undaunted she ripped her knitting back and continued to knit. ...a knitter is born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home