Thursday, April 26, 2007

No, I'm not!

There are those among us who are apply skilled in the kitchen. One of their favourite past-times is to pour over recipe books. They dream of what mouth-watering wonder they will bring forth from the kitchen next.
I am not one of them. No, I'm not!
My strategy is to learn a few recipes. I make them again and again. Changing something here and something there until they become truly mine.
The trouble with this strategy is that after a time you become sick of it all. You can't stomach to eat any of the dishes. You need a break.
This recently happened to me. In fact it happened last night. I was ready for a new recipe. And so armed with my limited kitchen skills I began.
Thankfully I had heard a dinner suggestion on a radio show.
The chef said, "Take potatoes, onions, and mushrooms. Fry over low heat. Then throw the mixture into a swallow baking dish and add eggs. Cook in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes."
Here's what I did. I boiled the potatoes for 15 minutes. Then I fried the potatoes for about 5 minutes adding spices such as parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. I tossed in green onions first and then mushrooms. Then when everything began to look cooked I tossed it into a swallow baking dish. I beat five eggs and add it to the mixture. I topped it all with cheese. 10 minutes later out it came. It was good.
What I will next time is add more garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper just before I put it in the oven.
Now I am looking for a Beet Borscht recipe.
Do you have one to share?

I am not looking for more knitting.
No, I'm not!
What with the bamboo surprise and the kits I have enough on my plate.
Next up is a sweater for Hubby.
Yet I see must-knits everywhere. I love those cardigans with the large collars.
Fashion has changed its focus from the waist to the collar and I highly approve.
I even have yarn that is crying out to become a cardigan.
...a luxurious mohair blend.
...but I will not weaken.
No, I won't!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home