Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Creating your own meaning

Recently I read an interesting blog entry on the www.sheeptoshawl.com site. Go to the blog now and read it, please. You'll have to scroll down a bit to the April 14th entry: Ten Zen Seconds. I'll wait here.

In a nutshell what I got from the finely penned article is that we all create our own meaning. Our own reality. I know I do. I have a tendency to see myself a certain way and extend this vision to others. Not always a good thing to do especially when you shot yourself in the foot.

You see as an unpublished author I said, "Why should a publishing house take a risk on me?"

This sentence lead me to inaction. I didn't submit the Novelty Yarn manuscript to any publishing house. I didn't even try.

After receiving good reviews and the prompting of published authors I am beginning to shape a new reality for myself. Today I continued on this path by submitting a book proposal to a publishing house. Will this publishing house validate me? Maybe - maybe not. That's not the point. The point is that I am validating myself. I see value in my words and so will continue on this path where ever it may lead.

I'm sure there will be many life lessons to learn along the way. And I am learning you can't learn these lessons unless you open yourself up to possibilities. You must walk the path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home